Surya Energy Consulting Inc. (SEC) is a solar energy and business consultancy focused on companies with a sustainability-oriented mission. In solar energy, its core competencies are technical due diligence, project management, commissioning, operations & maintenance, and performance analysis for owners, developers and lenders. The company’s aim is to help clients implement best practices along the project life cycle to maximize performance and long-term reliability. In sustainability, SEC helps early-stage clean technology companies with business planning (market research, business and financial model, investment strategy) and commercialization strategy. Based in Vancouver, Canada, SEC has experience working with clients in Canada, USA, Latin America and Caribbean, India, the Netherlands and offers services in English and Spanish.
Prasanna Krishnan, Principal
Pras is a solar energy engineer with 15 years of experience in the solar industry, having worked on over 1 GW of projects. His solar career includes tenures at
- Optisolar – solar farm design, PVsyst modeling, standards-testing, and performance characterization.
- Belectric – building out the team and processes to manage solar farm commissioning, operations and maintenance.
- SunEdison – implementing a lean feedback process to improve design and construction based on empirical operational data.
- PRO Battery – co-founder, responsible for commercial development & partnerships.
- Amec Foster Wheeler – commissioning and handover of utility-scale solar farms
These varied experiences helped broaden his understanding of the solar value-chain to include project development and finance.
Pras has complemented his corporate roles with entrepreneurial experiences as advisor and consultant to mission-based businesses. He applies his learnings from these assignments to help clients consider the social, financial, and environmental impact of their business decisions. He holds an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering from the University of Toronto and a master’s degree in solar energy engineering from Dalarna University in Sweden. He completed his master’s thesis at Utrecht University in The Netherlands, characterizing the performance of amorphous silicon thin-film solar cells.